Everyone has heard that being outside is good for you. But why? We're taking a look at some of the tangible benefits of time well-spent in the great outdoors.
Now when we talk about time spent outside, it doesn't have to be hiking 10 miles or hitting the trails for a run. You can simply walk out into your own backyard or a nearby park, find a spot to sit, and relax!
If you spend most of the day cooped up indoors, then try to get some outdoor time in! You'll be amazing at how much better you feel. Here are some of the great benefits you can get from spending time outside:
- Better health — The outdoors act as a natural stress-reducer. Don't believe me? Just take a walk in the woods and see if you feel any more relaxed afterwards! Stress is also linked to high blood pressure. So reducing stress can even reduce your risk of high blood pressure. Pretty amazing right?
- Better mood — Being outside has been shown to decrease anxiety, depression, and even anger! Spending time outdoors is a natural mood-booster.
- Better focus —Long office hours and time spend working can be mentally draining. This leads to a lack of focus! When you're outdside, you can take a break from all the things vying for your attention. You'll find that you're able to focus much better in the long run!
- Better quality of life — A study from the Journal of Aging and Health stated that adults over 70 years old who spent time outdoors had fewer sleeping problems, complained less about aches and pains, and had improved mobility to perform daily activities. That's a pretty good motivator!
So you may be thinking, what are some good ways to spend time outdoors? Thankfully, when it comes to spending time in nature, the possibilities are endless. Here's a few ideas to get you started:
- Go for a walk down the street
- Take a hike
- Go camping
- Sit around the fire pit
- Watch the sunset from your porch
If you want to improve your life, spending a little time with nature each day is a great place to start. So get out there! Go explore, hike, relax, and just enjoy yourself.
Leave a comment