5 Last Minute Super Bowl Snacks
Super Bowl Sunday is coming up fast! You don't want to get caught off guard when it comes to food planning, but just in case you do, we've got 5 easy last-minute snacks for you to whip together!
1. Chocolate Chip Dip
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- Graham cracker sticks
- In a small bowl, beat cream cheese and butter until light and fluffy. Add the sugars and vanilla; beat until smooth. Stir in chocolate chips. Serve with graham cracker sticks.
2. Chili con Queso
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 to 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 cup whole milk
- 2-1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 cups shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- Tortilla chips
- Chopped tomato and sliced jalapeno pepper, optional
- In a saucepan, heat butter over medium-high heat; saute onion and garlic until tender. Add chilies; cook and stir 5 minutes. In a small bowl, mix cornstarch and milk until smooth; stir into onion mixture. Bring to a boil; cook and stir until thickened, 1-2 minutes.
- Reduce heat to low; gradually stir in cheeses, adding in small amounts and allowing cheese to melt between additions. Serve warm with chips. If desired, top with tomato and jalapeno.
3. Beer Cheese Dip
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1/3 cup beer or nonalcoholic beer
- 1 envelope ranch salad dressing mix
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- Pretzels or Chips
- In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese, beer and dressing mix until smooth. Stir in cheddar cheese. Serve with pretzels.
4. No-Bake Peanut Butter Bites
- 1/3 cup chunky peanut butter
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup nonfat dry milk powder
- 1/3 cup quick-cooking oats
- 2 tablespoons graham cracker crumbs
- In a small bowl, combine the peanut butter, honey and vanilla. Stir in the milk powder, oats and graham cracker crumbs. Shape into 1-in. balls. Cover and refrigerate until serving.
5. Homemade Guacamole
- 3 avocados - peeled, pitted, and mashed
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- White Onion, Large
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 roma (plum) tomatoes, diced
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 pinch ground cayenne pepper (optional)
- In a medium bowl, mash together the avocados, lime juice, and salt. Mix in onion, cilantro, tomatoes, and garlic. Stir in cayenne pepper. Refrigerate 1 hour for best flavor, or serve immediately.
Have your own favorite super bowl recipe? Let us know in the comments below!