Super Bowl Sunday is coming up fast! You don't want to get caught off guard when it comes to food planning, but just in case you do, we've got 5 easy last-minute snacks for you to whip together!
1. Chocolate Chip Dip
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- Graham cracker sticks
- In a small bowl, beat cream cheese and butter until light and fluffy. Add the sugars and vanilla; beat until smooth. Stir in chocolate chips. Serve with graham cracker sticks.
2. Chili con Queso
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 to 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 cup whole milk
- 2-1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 cups shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- Tortilla chips
- Chopped tomato and sliced jalapeno pepper, optional
- In a saucepan, heat butter over medium-high heat; saute onion and garlic until tender. Add chilies; cook and stir 5 minutes. In a small bowl, mix cornstarch and milk until smooth; stir into onion mixture. Bring to a boil; cook and stir until thickened, 1-2 minutes.
- Reduce heat to low; gradually stir in cheeses, adding in small amounts and allowing cheese to melt between additions. Serve warm with chips. If desired, top with tomato and jalapeno.
3. Beer Cheese Dip
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1/3 cup beer or nonalcoholic beer
- 1 envelope ranch salad dressing mix
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- Pretzels or Chips
- In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese, beer and dressing mix until smooth. Stir in cheddar cheese. Serve with pretzels.
4. No-Bake Peanut Butter Bites
- 1/3 cup chunky peanut butter
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup nonfat dry milk powder
- 1/3 cup quick-cooking oats
- 2 tablespoons graham cracker crumbs
- In a small bowl, combine the peanut butter, honey and vanilla. Stir in the milk powder, oats and graham cracker crumbs. Shape into 1-in. balls. Cover and refrigerate until serving.
5. Homemade Guacamole
- 3 avocados - peeled, pitted, and mashed
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- White Onion, Large
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 roma (plum) tomatoes, diced
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 pinch ground cayenne pepper (optional)
- In a medium bowl, mash together the avocados, lime juice, and salt. Mix in onion, cilantro, tomatoes, and garlic. Stir in cayenne pepper. Refrigerate 1 hour for best flavor, or serve immediately.
Have your own favorite super bowl recipe? Let us know in the comments below!