Grilling for Parties
Nothing completes a Spring party like a cookout. But grilling for so many people can turn into a pretty complicated thing if you aren't careful. That's why we've put together 10 tips and tricks to help you navigate your next grill-out!
1. Make sure you have enough fuel. Nothing is worse than getting halfway through your cooking only to find that you're out of charcoal. Make sure to stock up before a party!
2. Get all your prep-work done early. Cut your veggies the day before. Use overnight marinades on your meats. You can even mix together your spice blends the night before your get-together.
3. Make sure you've got something for everybody. Whether it's veggie burgers, or gluten-free buns, you want all your friends and family to have a full stomach by the time the grilling is done. So make sure to pick up something that everybody can eat!
4. Make it a potluck! Save yourself the hassle of planning side-dishes. Ask all your friends to bring some food to share with everybody else. It can be as simple as chips and dip (because who doesn't love that).
5. Have some party games. Having a few activities for people can help spark up conversation and keep everyone entertained. Get a set of cornhole boards or a giant Jenga set.
6. Check the weather first. You don't want your guests all showing up only for it to start pouring rain. Keep an eye on the forecast!
7. Make quick or no prep appetizers. Things like chips and dip, sliced veggies with ranch dressing, or cheese and crackers can be great, easy-to-make appetizers for everyone to snack on while you're cooking.
8. Preheat your grill early. It's a good idea to start heating your grill at least 30 minutes before your guests arrive. That way, you'll be ready to throw some burgers on the minute they arrive.
9. Don't skimp on the napkins. We all love messy food, as long as we've got something to clean up with when we're done. You're going to want a handful of napkins per person, at least.
10. Don't forget dessert! The final piece of this grilling puzzle is perfect dessert. Once everyone has had their fill of delicious grilled foods, it's the perfect time to bring out a nice cool dessert. Ice cream sandwiches are a great, no fuss option here.
Do you have any great tips for throwing a cookout? Let us know in the comments below!